Monday, May 18, 2009

Parochial ways of the hornbill

FEB 26 ?People in Sarawak are getting excited. For the past few months, Anwar has been visiting Sarawak on an almost weekly basis. He has taken over as Sarawak PKR liaison person, i.e. Brother No. 1. He had a nice tea with Sarawak DAP leaders tmnet streamyx modem kind words were exchanged. Previously Sarawak PKR and Sarawak DAP were unable to talk because the previous PKR head, a Sarawak state assemblyman, had bad blood with the Sarawak DAP leaders.

On the ground, things are looking up for PKR. Its series pc tools internet security dinners/speeches have attracted thousands of Dayaks and the Chinese crowd. Sarawak PKR also picked up one addition assemblyman when Gabriel Adit, one of the two independents in the state, joined the party last November. Hence on the surface, PKR is the most multi-racial opposition in Sarawak with Dominic Ng (Chinese) and Adit (Iban) as its assemblymen.

There are many adjectives one can use to describe a chef: passionate, curious, inventive, well-trained and daring. Add to this list the adjective "entrepreneurial" can become "great chef". There are not many "great chefs" in Bali - only a few, but Yamamoto certainly belongs in that category. When one eats "Yamamoto food" one knows that years of training and years of thinking and years of tradition have contributed to the particular creation one is savoring.

On my first visit to Sushi portable satellite internet a then newly-opened restaurant in Jl. Kartika Plaza, I was treated to the most superb Japanese sushi and sashimi I had ever tasted in Bali. I remember the pleasant smell of vinegar as I entered the restaurant. Prepared in front of me by a quiet and serious man called simply Yamamoto who's standing on the other side of the counter, I admired his brisk movements as he went about making the sushi. I marveled at his sophistication. I was entranced and thrilled that the foods I had sampled in Japan were now available in Bali. Yamamoto never disappoints. broadband communication past long experience with INAGIKU, Japan's upscale fine dining restaurant in Nihonbashi, Tokyo, speaks for itself. His small eatery is well run and lovely to dine in. The menu offers a range of authentic Japanese delights: Tempura, Sushi and Sashimi with taste so marvelous. The clientele is international. His personal demeanor gives you the impression of a man who doesn't talk much and very focused on what he's doing. A humble man who prepared a special dinner for the former Japan's Prime Minister, Junichi Koizumi on his visit to Bali a few years back.

Now each time I have my favorite sushi in his restaurant, I do not simply look at the sushi - I examine every grain of rice and test the crunchiness and www tmnet streamyx of the nori, examine the variety and cut of the fish, taste the o-shinko and the wasabi, and marvel at the unique and flavorful combinations. In our recent interview session, through an interpreter, he says, "For me, cooking is most about giving my customers little surprises that will tmnet them to make discoveries about their own hidden tastes. It's about communicating my kokoro (or soul in Japanese) through every single dish I make.

http://www.balisushibar.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment